Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

Production Diary 4

Finally I managed to finish my magazine research and find three last existing double page spreads to analyse. I found a similar correlation between all the double page spreads all as well. Most had the main image taking up one side of the page, the main masthead(which was usually a quote and not a headline) spreading its self across the two pages, and then a short piece of text only talking up a small part of the other page. The double page spread is heavily picture based and hardly any text which I have found. I will defiantly take this into account and apply it to my actually magazine its self. They also tended to have three double pages. The first page was usually an introduction with a large main image and a small quote and a tag line, the next was more enriched in detail with the actual main article, and then the last page was usually just a single page finishing off the detailed story. Taking all of this information into account as a group, we took on the roll to de construct a magazines main features together, the video below shows this.

No comments:

Post a Comment